Connect With Us on Facebook
Motorcycle Insurance Made Easy
Get A Quote For Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle riding is a popular and thrilling pastime, but it is important to remember that it carries inherent dangers. Thus, motorcycle insurance is necessary. It protects you and your motorcycle financially in the event of an accident, theft, or damage.
This article will cover the fundamentals of motorcycle insurance, including what it covers and why it is essential. In addition, we will address some frequently asked questions about motorcycle insurance to assist you in making an informed decision regarding the type of coverage that best suits your needs. Understanding motorcycle insurance is essential for protecting yourself and your investment on the road, regardless of your riding experience.
Why do you need insurance for your motorcycle?
You’ll enjoy being out on the open road even more when you’re not worried about the safety of yourself, your passengers or your investment. Here are a few things to consider:
- If you’re in an accident or your motorcycle is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or a passenger is injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If your motorcycle is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you’re worth.
- Your motorcycle may be one of your most prized possessions. It deserves special protection.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent about motorcycle insurance
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can I afford to pay if my motorcycle is in an accident, damaged or stolen? (Ask your agent what your cost savings would be if you raised your deductible.)
- What discounts and programs are available? (Ask about discounts for taking safety classes or having multiple policies. You may also save money if your motorcycle is stored in a garage or if you belong to a motorcycle association.)
- How much medical and liability coverage should I have?
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
Tips for the cost-conscious rider
Many factors can play a role in determining what your insurance costs will be such as your age, your driving record, where you live and the type of motorcycle you own, or being a graduate of a rider-training course.
- Many companies offer discounts from 10 to 15 percent on motorcycle insurance for graduates of training courses, such as the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) rider course. Riders under the age of 25, usually considered a higher risk, may see some savings by taking this course. It’s also a good idea for cyclists who have already had accidents.
- Maintaining a good driving record with no violations will also help reduce your premiums.
- In many northern states, riders may save money by buying a “lay-up” policy. With a lay-up policy, all coverage except comprehensive is suspended during winter months.
- Find out what discounts your insurance representative offers. Multibike discounts for those insuring more than one bike, organization discounts, if you’re a member of a motorcycle association, and mature rider discounts for experienced riders, are just a few possibilities. Discounts can range anywhere from 10 percent to 20 percent, depending on the company and your state. Availability and qualifications for discounts vary from company to company and state to state.
- Keep in mind that the type, style (such as a sports bike vs. a cruiser) and age of the motorcycle, as well as the number of miles you drive a year and where you store your bike may also affect how much you pay for your premium.
Frequently Asked Questions About Motorcycle Insurance
Does my motorcycle require insurance?
Yes, motorcycle insurance is required in the majority of states. Even if it’s not required, it’s a good idea to have insurance to protect your finances in the event of an accident.
What does motorcycle insurance cover?
In the event of an accident, theft, or damage, motorcycle insurance typically covers the costs of repairs or replacement. It may also provide liability coverage for injuries or property damage to third parties, as well as medical coverage for you and your passengers.
How much does insurance for a motorcycle cost?
The cost of motorcycle insurance varies based on factors such as your location, the type of motorcycle you own, your driving record, and your coverage choices.
Can I purchase a motorcycle policy that only covers liability?
Yes, you have the option to purchase liability-only coverage for your motorcycle, which will only cover injuries or property damage to others in the event of an accident.
What is the distinction between collision and comprehensive motorcycle coverage?
Regardless of who is at fault, collision coverage will cover the cost of repairs or replacement for your motorcycle in the event of an accident. In the event of theft, vandalism, or natural disasters, comprehensive coverage will cover the cost of repairs or replacement for your motorcycle.
Do I need motorcycle insurance if I only ride the motorcycle occasionally?
Even if you only ride your motorcycle occasionally, you are still required to carry insurance.
Will my insurance cover me if I am involved in an accident while riding someone else’s motorcycle?
The answer depends on your insurance policy. Some policies will cover you while riding on someone else’s motorcycle, while others might not. Check your policy’s specifics carefully.
Will my motorcycle insurance provide coverage if I am involved in an accident outside of the United States?
The answer depends on your insurance policy. Depending on your policy, you may or may not be covered while riding in foreign countries. Check your policy’s specifics carefully.
How do I receive a motorcycle insurance estimate?
A motorcycle insurance quote can be obtained by contacting an insurance agent such as BIGinsurance.com or visiting our website. You will need to provide information about yourself, your motorcycle, and your coverage requirements in order to receive a quote.
Why Choose BIGinsurance.com For Motorcycle Insurance
18+ YEARS EXPERIENCE IN MOTORCYCLE INSURANCE
WE WORK FOR YOU NOT THE INSURANCE COMPANIES.
WE HAVE PLANS FROM
Motorcycle Insurance Related Posts
- Does My Personal Auto Policy Cover My Vehicle if I Use it For My Business?
- What Happens When My Kid’s Friend Drives Their Car?
- How to Change a Tire
- Driving in Extreme Weather
- How Do You Know When It’s Time to Buy New Tires?
- Why You Need Comprehensive Auto Insurance
- How to Save Money on Car Insurance
- How an Auto Insurance Company Decides If Your Vehicle is a Total Loss or No
- Are You Too Tired To Drive?
- How to Choose a Car That’s Affordable to Insure
- I Had an Accident in My Friend’s Car, Now What?
- Can a Not-at-Fault Accident Make Your Insurance Rates Go Up
- How Your Auto Insurance Coverage History Matters
- Will Car Insurance Cover Rust Damage to Your Vehicle
- Comprehensive Insurance—Critical Protection for Your Car’s Value